asdocx: Export from Stata to Word, Excel, LaTeX & HTML Forums asdocx Forum Unfamiliar r(3602) error when trying to use asdocx after switching Mac to PC

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I recently switched from a Macbook to PC, and installed Stata SE 17.0 (same license). Based on the asdocx FAQs, I just input the command to install asdocx on my PC without apparent issue. However, when I try to run the following regression command with asdocx, I keep getting an error that I haven’t seen before:

COMMAND (run from do file):
    *** TABLE 2
    ** Model1
    asdocx logit defund1 male age b(#2).degree inc1 i.marital4 parent b3.relid6 i.bible1 attend if missflag==0, ///
    reset nest label eform setstars(***@.001, **@.01, *@.05) noci dec(3) table_layout(autofit) cnames(SES) title(“Table 2”) save(defund_logit_072222.docx) replace

RESULT:
    _fopen(): 3602 invalid filename
    fileexists(): – function returned error
    license_handler(): – function returned error
    get_file_and_folder(): – function returned error
    <istmt>: – function returned error
    r(3602);

This happens whether I specify a filename in the command or not. Any help understanding this error would be greatly appreciated!

Attaullah Shah

Hello Jessica
    asdocx license is machine-specific. The license works only on a PC/Mac for which the license was generated. The license is based on the information generated by the aslic program. Since, you have shifted to a new PC, you need a new license. As per FAQs, license works fine if you re-install your operating system or move to a new version of Stata. As a goodwill gesture, I shall create a new license for your new PC. Please install aslic and run it.

net install aslic, from(http://fintechprofessor.com) 
    aslic

It will generate few lines on the Stata screen, email those lines to me.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.