asdocx: Export from Stata to Word, Excel, LaTeX & HTML Forums asdocx Forum Table size and table layout in adocx

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

First off, thank you for an incredible tool. I don’t regret using money to buy asdocx rather than just using asdoc.

Is it possible to add the option to fit all exported tables to window, so this can be added to asdocx_default.ado?

Dr. Attaullah Shah
    Keymaster

I have updated asdocx and have added option autoto the table_layout. First update asdocx.

asdocx_update

Table layout :  auto, autofit , fixed

table_layout(fixed)

means the width is the same for all columns in the table. It is similar to the ‘Fixed-Column Width‘ in MS Word.

table_layout(auto)

When auto is specified, the column width automatically resizes to fit the window. It is similar to ‘AutoFit-Window‘ in MS Word

table_layout(autofit)

When autofit is specified, the table width is determined by the overall table layout algorithm, which automatically resizes the column width to fit the contents.  In MS Word parlance, it is similar to ‘AutoFit-Contents‘ .

The default is layout(fixed). To set table layout to auto permanently , change the following line in the asdocx_defaults.do file from

global table_layout "fixed"

to

global table_layout "auto"

If you want to change it just for a specific table or in the current Stata session, then use the option table_layout(auto)
    e.g.,

asdocx sum AD TD ED FD ta, detail replace table_layout(auto) fs(10)

You may like to read more about session and permanent option here

Rune Lomholt
    Participant

Thank you so much. ! This is a great update

I have to new questions/suggestions about formatting tables:

1. Is it possible to format the last line showing “total” in a contingency table to bold and with a visible black line at the very bottom of this cell? ( I like to write notes about the tables under the table, but seperated by such a line)

2. is it possible to allow for the table title to be formatted in heading1 heading2 etc…?

By the way, thank you for great support. You have already replied to several of my posts and thus confirmed my choice of paying for using the ado, even thou this is something that I don’t do often. But its nice with the possibility of support and help once in a while regarding the use of the program, since is so versatile. THANK you!

Rune Lomholt
    Participant

just ignore the first questions in this post.

I have another question instead:
    does the setting global header_row_fontbold 1 in the asdocx_defaults.ado not supposed to bold the text in the header row that can also be shaded with
    global header_row_background FFFFFF } else global header_row_background DCDCDC?

If yes, then it is not working for me. Do you now why this is so?

Dr. Attaullah Shah
    Keymaster

I had not activated the italic and bold options for the title row. They are now active. Do update asdocx before checking these options.

I appreciate your feedback. Concerning this service and asdocx as being a premium version of asdoc, I am committed to make it even better. asdocx community will play a significant role in its future success. Therefore, existing members are requested to spread the word about asdocx. As the community grows, the revenue stream will make more sense, leading to more features and development ($9.99 being the annual fee will make an impact only if members grow to around a 1000 or more.)

Rune Lomholt
    Participant

Thank you so much for the update.

I will most definetely recommend the use of asdocx for other researchers using stata, since i find it very useful and versatile.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.