asdocx: Export from Stata to Word, Excel, LaTeX & HTML Forums asdocx Forum flexmat_to_excel error when using table1 template

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi, everyone! After installing and updating asdocx, I ran the following codes of the simple example on the asdocx website.

* Load example dataset
    use http://fintechprofessor.com/asdocxAddins/table1.dta, clear

* Make table 1 using the template(table1) option
    asdocx tab immigrant bone_arthritis bone_backspin ///
    bone_backother bone_neck bone_fibro bone_lupus ///
    bone_ehlers bone_deform bone_amp bone_burn nervous_ms ///
    nervous_seizure nervous_park nervous_stroke ///
    other_otherhealth other_anyother , ///
    template(table1) table_layout(autofit) replace

However, my Stata 16 kept giving me the following error message.

masterclass_populator(): 3499 flexmat_to_excel() not found
    : – function returned error

I Googled flexmat_to_excel and searched whether there were any discussions in this forum that mentioned flexmat_to_excel, but I did not find out any relevant results. Does anyone know how to solve this error?

Dr. Attaullah Shah
    Keymaster

Hello Kan Wang
    Seems you have updated asdocx after a long time. The reason you are getting this error is that the asdocx_update command had a bug, it did not include a code to update the flexmat_to_excel program. This is now fixed. Just once you need the following code, and after that, you can use the usual asdocx_update command to update asdocx.

net install asdocx, from(http://fintechprofessor.com) replace
    Ken Wang
    Participant

Hi Dr. Attaullah Shah:
    I am sorry that I have not replied to your response for so long because I forgot it. After following your guidance, I solved the problem. Thank your very much for your solution!!

Luis Pecht
    Participant

Hi Professor, same error here, after an: asdocx list

masterclass_populator(): 3499 flexmat_to_excel() not found
    <istmt>: – function returned error

please, note that:

. which asdocx
    *!-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    *! Jan 1, 2022: Version 1.9.7 : support for margins added.                             |
    *! Attaullah Shah; attaullah.shah@imsciences.edu.pk                                    |
    *! Tenured Associate Professor: Institute of Management Sciences, Peshawar, Pakistan.  |
    *!-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    Attaullah Shah

Please update to the beta version.

asdocx_update, beta

which asdocx

*! Feb 24, 2022: Version 2.0.2 : Option sheet(name) add, it works with excel files.    |
    *! Attaullah Shah; attaullah.shah@imsciences.edu.pk                                    |
    *! Tenured Associate Professor: Institute of Management Sciences, Peshawar, Pakistan.  |

Luis Pecht
    Participant

After updating, now, it is OK. Thks, Prof.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.